Sunday 3 February 2013

Artist addicted to P*RN*GRAPHY

Artist addicted to P*RN*GRAPHY


  A few years back, Kirk Franklin confessed to being a p*rn addict, it took him years to clean up his mess. Well watching p*rn*graphy among the youth has become a normal thing though according to African culture it is taboo.
A-Star, a gospel artist confessed to being an addict of m*st*rbation and now yet another star has confessed to being an addict of p*rn*graphy though he is over it after years of therapy.
Solexx Mgenge started watching p*rn*graphy at the tender age of 11 and there was no going back until his mother bumped into his collection of p*rn*graphic material. Below is the interview with a local daily.
You told me about something that you thought would be beneficial to share with the world — about a past addiction you had. What was it, and how did it begin?
I was addicted to p*rn*graphy. It all started way back when I was in primary school, to be specific Standard Five. Our neighbour’s son, who was in high school at the time, came home with a variety of video cassettes and one happened to have adult content.
Out of curiosity we (other children and I) locked ourselves in the house when our parents were out and watched the whole tape. At first it was fun, but it started affecting my school work since not a day would pass without me watching or reading p*rn*graphic stuff.

The fact that you became addicted to p*rn means you did not think it was wrong. What made you realise that it was indeed a problem?
I came back to my senses while in Form Two when I first landed in trouble with my mum after she found a p*rn DVD in my wardrobe. She took me to see a counsellor. I attended several sessions but, to be honest, it was difficult getting over the addiction since all my friends were still watching it.

How did you begin to turn yourself around?
I realised I was spending a lot of money buying and downloading p*rn*graphic stuff. I had about 100GBs of p*rn videos on my laptop; my screen saver and wallpaper on my phone were of naked girls. I started by deleting all these.

Probably many people do not understand what is wrong with p*rn*graphy. Would you give them your thoughts on why it is bad?
What many people never realise is that you waste too much time watching it, yet it is useless. See, when you watch p*rn, the next move would be to now try the real thing. That is why in Kenya we have school dropouts due to unplanned pregnancies, and HIV/AIDS in

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adclick Africa