Saturday 22 December 2012

I won’t celebrate if I score against Man Utd - Ronaldo.

I won’t celebrate if I score against Man Utd - Ronaldo.


   After the Champions League draw paired Spanish Champions Real Madrid and Manchester United, Cristiano Ronaldo has vowed not to celebrate in case he scores against his former Club.

"I won't celebrate if I score," Ronaldo, who spent six years with the Reds, told AS newspaper.

"It is thanks to Manchester United that I play for Real Madrid. Without them, I wouldn't be the player I am today."

The 27-year old is set to make his first visit to Old Trafford where he spent over six years before his big money move to Spain in the summer of 2009.

In his six years at the premier League club, Ronaldo won three Premier League titles, the Champions League, the FA Cup and two League Cups.

"I still speak with United manager Sir Alex Ferguson. I miss him a lot, and I miss Manchester United," added Ronaldo.

"I felt very good there, it was like a family. I had six great years there and am still friends with my team-mates."

United boss Sir Alex reckons the Portuguese ply maker will receive a warm welcome.

"He will get a great reception when he comes onto the pitch at Old Trafford, quite rightly," said Ferguson "After that they [the supporters] can boo him as much as they like.

"We are proud of the part we played in his career. We did very well to get six years out of a boy when he came to us at the age of 17."

"He always had a hankering to go to Real Madrid at some point in his career. It wasn't disloyalty. I got another year out of him when he wanted go the previous year.

"My way of looking at it was that we were lucky to have him for six years. The United fans would share that."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adclick Africa