Monday 7 January 2013

TRUE CONFESSION: "I have a BOYFRIEND and a HUSBAND"

TRUE CONFESSION: "I have a BOYFRIEND and a HUSBAND"


Jane insists she's just trying to spare feelings, but this 30-something mom of three is keeping a huge secret from her husband. She has a boyfriend, and she has had the same one for about six months now. 

Her husband has no idea. Her kids have no idea. Hardly any of her friends or family know either. But before we judge Jane, we have to know the full story. She is separated from her husband and while he hopes there is a chance they will rekindle their love and get back together "for the kids" she has no intention of doing that. Let's hear more from Jane in her own words. 

When my husband and I decided to separate, it was a very hard thing to do. But after over 10 years of marriage we knew things weren't working out. He wanted to stay together for the kids, and while I would have loved to make it work, it just wasn't. I was determined and still am to make it work for the kids ... just as a divorced mom and dad. I love my ex: I'm just not in love with him anymore. And I haven't felt he is in love with me for a very long time. I just think he fears divorce more than I do, mostly because his parents are divorced and it was an ugly situation. 

We tried talking. We talked and talked and talked. But separating was the best way to do. And I want a divorce. Yeah, I met someone -- let's just call him Ed. But I don't want a divorce because of Ed. That just kind of happened. I fear telling my ex anything about Ed because he has this glimmer of hope for us. It's hard to get the reality of our situation through his head. I do think it's great he's tried so hard to make our marriage work, but it's just not meant to be. 

I haven't introduced Ed to many friends. My kids don't know about him and neither does my family. I'm waiting for things to become more of a reality to my ex before I do that. I just don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. So for now, I technically have a husband and a boyfriend. 

What do you think of Jane's secret? Do you think she should tell her ex sooner rather than later?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adclick Africa